9iceunity » Forum | I Don’t Have Houses in Maitama – EFCC Boss to Sue The Sun Newspaper Over Report

Welcome Guest, Please REGISTER or LOGIN To View Hidden Items

AWOOF:- New MTN/ETISALAT/AIRTEL Unlimited Free Call/Browsing Code Now Available, Join Our BBM Channel Asap to Get it CLICK HERE (C0022EF41)

CALL: 08088913875
WHATSAPP: 08088913875

Join 9iceunity On Whatsapp For Music, News, Videos Updates & Sure Betting Tips
Forum » NAIJA NEWS LIFESTYLE | GIST
I Don’t Have Houses in Maitama – EFCC Boss to Sue The Sun Newspaper Over Report
Views: 618  |  Comments: 0 |  Posted: 06:50 Tue, 28 Mar 2017
Photo Kunlessi (¥ 23581 NU)
Star:Ultimate ult
Created Topics: 2322
Replies: 119
Posted on: 06:50 Tue, 28 Mar 2017

The acting Chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, Ibrahim Magu, has denied owning houses in the Maitama area of Abuja.

Reports over the past weekend alleged that some powerful forces, within and outside of government have intensified efforts to break down the defence lines of the Acting Chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) Ibrahim Magu,

The Sun exclusively reported that one of such moves, is an ongoing discreet investigation into the true ownership of two mansions on different streets in high brow Maitama area of Abuja. The houses being investigated are located in Danube Street, Maitama and Missouri Street, off Colorado Close, Ministers Hill, also in Maitama.

In a swift reaction on the controversial report, the EFCC acting chairman, Ibrahim Magu, said that he is sueing The Sun Newspaper for the report, and also denied owning the house in Maitama.

Below is an official press release;

The acting Chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, Ibrahim Magu, has denied owning any house or houses in the Maitama area of Abuja.

Reacting to a report captioned, "Magu Under Fresh Probe over 2 Abuja Mansions", which appeared in The Sun Newspaper of March 25, the EFCC boss dismissed the story as a work of fiction that threatens legal action against the newspaper and the authors of the story.
The report which appeared on page 9 of the newspaper, among others, claimed that Mr. Magu is being probed regarding the ownership of two mansions in the Maitama area of Abuja allegedly linked to his wife.

Relying on ghost sources, the newspaper claimed that “the houses being investigated are located in Danube Street, Maitama and Missouri Street, off Colorado Close, Ministers Hill.” It added that “the two houses were said to have been bought last year.”

Mr. Magu stated that neither himself nor his wife own any property in Maitama. He urged Nigerians to disregard the report as false and designed by the authors to achieve motives that are obvious.

“I don’t have any mansion anywhere in Maitama. Would I have two mansions in Abuja yet choose to live in a rented apartment in the same community? The Sun can take over the properties if they have evidence that they belong to me or my wife”, Mr. Magu said.

The acting chairman disclosed that he is taking legal action against the newspaper.

“This is another calculated attempt to smear my reputation. They may have gotten away with such false reports in the past but I will not let this go unchallenged. I have already briefed my lawyers to institute legal action against The Sun Newspaper,” Mr. Magu declared.
owner
[download]
You Might Also Like This:-

Please dont forget to click the share button

Replies

No replies yet! Be the first to reply and earn #3NU Instantly
Please LOGIN or REGISTER To Add Replies